General Admission to Kapiolani Community College (KCC)
You are eligible to apply to KCC if you:
- Are 18 years of age or older, or
- Have earned a high school diploma or equivalency
1. Check Application Deadlines
Check the Application Deadlines for general college admission, international students and selective admission programs. For more information, see "Application Deadlines" under the Related Links section.
2. Apply Online
Submit an online application if you are:
- Not currently enrolled at KCC or any of the UH system campuses.
- A first-time college student.
- A returning student (a person who previously attended but is not currently enrolled at KCC or any other UH campus).
- A transfer student (a person who is currently or was previously enrolled at a non-UH institution).
- An Early Admission or Running Start student (a high school student admitted under the Early Admission or Running Start program). For more information, see "Early Admission Program" or "Running Start Program" under the Related Links section.
- An international student (F-1 students and non F-1 students). It is highly recommended that you complete a paper UHSAF. Do not submit an online application. For more information, contact the Honda International Center or go to the International Students page
Do not submit an online application if you are:
- A current or continuing student enrolled at KCC or other UH campus.
- A current or continuing student transferring within the UH system. If you are moving to KCC from another UH campus, do not submit a UHSAF. Instead, submit a "Change of Home Institution" form available at Kekaulike Information and Service Center (KISC).
- A continuing education student. For continuing education information see "Continuing Education and Training" under the Related Links section.
3. Check Residency Status
You must complete the Residency Declaration section of the online application. It is used to determine your residency status for tuition purposes.
If you do not qualify as a bona fide resident of the State of Hawaii, according to the UH regulations in effect at the time you register, you must pay nonresident tuition for your classes. Residency status will be determined at the time of application. You may be required to provide verifying documentation.
For more information, see "Admissions Residency Regulations" under the Related Links section.
4. Submit the following to the Kekaulike Information and Service Center (KISC):
- Online UH System Application
- If applicable, pay the $25.00 nonresident application fee with your online application.
- College or university transcripts are required if you want transfer credits from non-UH institutions. For more information, see "Transfer Credits" under the Related Links section.
- If you have Advanced Placement (AP) or College Level Examination Program (CLEP) scores and want to receive college credits, submit test scores to KISC. For more information, see "Transfer Credits" under the Related Links section.
See below for KISC contact information.
5. Acceptance Notification
For general admissions, e-mail notification will be sent within two weeks after the UH System Application and other required documents are received.
During periods when a high volume of applications is being processed, notification of acceptance or rejection may be delayed.
6. Health Requirements
KCC requires that Tuberculous (TB) clearance and Measles Mumps Rubella (MMR) immunizations be submitted to KISC prior to registration.
You may be accepted to KCC without clearance, but you will not be able to register for classes until your clearance documents are received. For more information, see "Admissions Health Requirements" under the Related Links section.