Disability Services & Accommodations
For information on disability services and accommodations, contact your campus counselor for students with disabilities. Together, you will discuss services and accommodations, which may include:
- Community agencies liaison/referral
- Notetakers, readers, or scribes
- Auxiliary aids such as recorders, calculators, and amplification and magnification devices
- Accessible furniture and technology
- Alternate formats including conversion of books and instructional material into accessible formats
- Extended time for testing in a minimal distraction area
Call the Disability Support Services Office for an appointment with the campus counselor for students with disabilities. Please bring documentation of your disability to the meeting. Contact information is provided below.
Other Support Services
Based on your disability and eligibility, you may be eligible for these additional services:
- TRIO Student Support Services: a federally-funded program that assists eligible students who are low-income, first generation in college, and/or with disabilities
- Kapiolani Deaf Center: provides services to the deaf and hard-of-hearing.
For more information, see “Disability Support Services Office,” “TRIO Student Support Services,” and “Kapi’olani Deaf Center” under the Related Links section.
Disability Support Service Office (DSSO)
Kapiolani Community College
Iliahi Building, Room 113
4303 Diamond Head Road
Honolulu, HI 96816-4421
Joselyn Yoshimura, Disability Services Counselor
Michaelyn Nakoa, Disability Support Services Counselor
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.